At Miraikan - The National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation, visitor parties of more than 8 people can get discounts for their admission fees regardless of whether it is a school organization or a general group.
In case of visiting in groups, please make reservations in advance.
To prevent infection and spread of new coronavirus infections, we ask for your understanding and cooperation in the following measures.
- Temperature is measured at the entrance.
Method and flow of group reservation
Please make a reservation by entering the necessary details via the website below.
For group visits from special needs schools, etc., if it is not possible to present disability handbooks (or copies), please fill out the Reduction and Exemption Application Form.
When booking, please note that Miraikan is closed on Tuesdays.
2. Booking confirmation
As a reservation is arranged, the person in charge of the group will receive a notice certifying the completion of the reservation from the reservation desk by phone or E-mail.
3. Day of visit
If you are representatives, please pay the admission fee or bus parking fee (in case of using the parking lot) at the information desk. Immediately, after the fee is paid, we will disperse the admission tickets.
Adults: 500 yen, 18 years old and under: 160 yen
- Free admission for preschoolers, every Saturday for 18 years old and under and for those in possession of a Disability Book and one accompanying person.
- Escorting staff members (teachers), conductors, crewmembers of the bus, and interpreters can also receive free admission.
- Regarding the viewing of the Special Exhibition, extra charges may apply.
- Please purchase in advance online separately.
- You may book up to seven seats per booking.
- Once you have booked your seat, select the following ticket types.
[to see twice]Adult(¥310)／Age 18 & under(¥100)／Preschooler(¥100)
- Please make a booking by telephone up to one week before your session, and by 17:00 on the day before your session (unless it is a museum holiday).
Tel: +81-3-3570-9151 (Hours: 10:00-17:00 on days Miraikan is open）
Full-sized bus parking
There is a parking lot for full-sized buses (for 20 buses) in the museum.
- Fee (same amount for full-sized, standard-sized and micro buses): 3,150 yen/1 bus (advance reservations not possible)
Regarding a place to eat lunch
During weekdays only, We offer 1F, multi purpose room for Groups. The rooms can be used for free limited to 30 minutes under reservation (first-come-first-served-basis from one year before).
[How to make reservations]
Please call the Group Reservation Desk at TEL: +81-3-3570-9188 and make reservations by phone (10:00 - 17:00 for opening days).
- There may be cases where you may share rooms with other visitors. In addition to this, please understand that rooms cannot be specified.
- Please be responsible and remove any refuse/discarded items.
- There may be cases where we might have to cancel the use of the rooms, in particular, in the case of arrival after the time of reservation.
- There may be cases where reservations cannot be made if the required rooms have been opened to public as a dining area (particularly on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays).
- There may be cases where the rooms cannot be used if events, etc., have been previously scheduled.
A worksheet is available for school children to explore questions and interests through the exhibitions.
- If you intend using the following worksheet, please check the “Hope” box under “Worksheets for school groups” when filling out the “Apply for group reservation” form online.
- Please print the necessary number of worksheets at your school and bring them with you.
- If you wish to use a worksheet other than the one below, please let us know the content in advance. (Depending on the content of the worksheet, in some cases it may not be possible to use it).
- Target age
- Grade4 (recommended)
- Permanent Exhibitions (3F and 5F)
- Required time
- Approximately one hour.
(This is only a suggested amount of time – please set a time for the experience in line with your school’s circumstances).
Contact for preliminary inspection/shipping of reference material
Miraikan - The National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation
Group Reservation Desk
TEL: +81-3-3570-9188 (10:00 - 17:00 for opening days)
Code of Conduct
*Please be sure to read this:
Before your visit, please keep in mind the important items mentioned below. In addition to this, when escorting, please make sure your members understand and follow these items. Should a non-compliant visitor trouble other guests, we may ask that person to leave the museum.
- Do not run or yell inside the museum.
- Please handle the exhibits gently since they are fragile.
- Since it is dangerous, do not run or play on the escalators or stairs.
- Please be quiet while viewing the image content such as that presented in the Dome Theater GAIA.
- Please eat or drink at the designated areas.
- There are also parking lots nearby.
To prevent the spread of new coronavirus infections, avoid crowding and please do not sitting on the floor.
Please wear a face mask during your visit to the museum.
Thank you for your cooperation.