The copyrights of all contents published on the Miraikan website (including documents, images, videos, and audio) belong to the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (hereafter, "Miraikan") or a third party, and are protected by the Copyright Act and other conventions and laws. The information on the site may be freely used for educational, press (media), or research purposes, without obtaining consent for use from the copyright holder, to the full extent permitted by the law. However, in such cases, please give credit for the usage of the contents involved, as shown below.
" Copyright Miraikan" " © Miraikan"
However, please note that the aforementioned scope of use does not cover the following cases:
1) The copyright of contents with sources that are clearly attributed to parties other than Miraikan belongs to the source in question.
2) Contents related to specific individuals, such as Miraikan staff or speakers/participants of events, cannot be used without prior approval from Miraikan in each instance, in order to protect the publicity rights and right of likeness of individuals.
Prior approval is necessary for the commercial use of contents. Please contact Miraikan using the inquiry form below.
Contact through the Internet
The rights to the trademarks, logos, emblems, etc. published on this website belong to Miraikan or a third party. The use of such trademarks without permission from Miraikan or the respective rights owners is strictly prohibited by law, except in cases where use is permitted under the Trademark Act or other laws.
Please refrain from the following acts when using this website.
- 1. Acts that infringe on, or are likely to infringe on, the property or privacy of Miraikan or a third party.
- 2. Acts that go against the interest of, or cause damage to, Miraikan or a third party, or which are likely to do so.
- 3. Acts that damage the reputation or trust of Miraikan or a third party.
- 4. Acts that violate laws, regulations, or conventions, or which are likely to do so.
- 5. Acts that go against, or are likely to go against, public order and decency.
- 6. Criminal acts or acts that are linked to crime, or which are likely to do so.
- 7. Acts performed for the purposes of sales activities, political activities, and religious activities, or acts performed in preparation for such purposes.
- 8. Acts that involve the use or provision of harmful programs such as computer viruses, or which are likely to do so.
- 9. Other acts deemed by Miraikan to be inappropriate.
Miraikan bears no responsibility for any damages (regardless of directly or indirectly) caused by, or related to, the use of this website.
Miraikan takes all possible measures to ensure the accuracy of the information published on this website. However, it does not guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, and usefulness of the contents published on this website.
Please note that Miraikan may revise this Site Policy without prior notice.
1) Links from external sites
It is not necessary to obtain permission to create links to this website. However, Miraikan firmly rejects the act of linking the websites that correspond to the prohibited matters set forth in above. Miraikan also rejects links that display the contents or pages of this website as a part of the contents in the linked page (for example, links that incorporate all or part of a page of this website within a frame).
For links to pages other than the landing page, please note that pages may be removed or URLs changed without prior notice.
2) Links to the websites of other organizations
There are cases where site visitors are transported from this website to websites managed or operated by other institutions, corporations, or organizations via links or banners. The websites that you are transported to are managed and operated by various other organizations at their own responsibility, and are not managed and operated by Miraikan. It does not suggest that any relationship or connections between the organization in question and Miraikan.
Of the websites of other organizations, Miraikan will confirm the validity of time-limited contents such as events and special exhibitions, during the period of their publication on this website and until the end of the event or special exhibition. However, Miraikan does not guarantee the validity of information on the linked page after the end of the event or special exhibition in question.
Miraikan obtains access information concerning this website (the domain names, IP addresses, browsers, date and time of access, and pages browsed, etc. of the users who visit this website). However, the data collected does not enable the identification of specific individuals. Cookies are also used, but do not provide any information enabling the identification of specific individuals.
Please refer to the Social Media Policy of the Miraikan.
Treatment of personal information
Governing laws and competent court
The use of this website and the interpretation and application of this Site Policy is governed by the laws of Japan, unless explicitly specified otherwise. All disputes arising in relation to the use of this website shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court as the competent court of the first instance, unless explicitly specified otherwise.