1 Basic stance
The National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (hereinafter referred to as "Miraikan") collects information about the users of the Miraikan website (hereinafter referred to as "this Website") required for the smooth operation of the services (provision of information on this Website, use of the mail magazine, use of the inquiry form, application to participate in events, etc., conducting surveys, etc.) provided on this Website. The information collected will be handled appropriately within the scope of the purpose of use.
2 Scope of information to be collected
- This Website automatically collects information such as Internet domain names, IP addresses, cookies, and browsing data for this Website, etc.
- To receive the mail magazine, users are required to register their e-mail addresses.
- To use the inquiry form, users are required to register their names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and fax number. (Telephone and fax numbers are optional.)
- To submit an application for participating in an event, etc., users are required to register their names and e-mail addresses. (Depending on the event, users may also be asked to register other information.)
- When collecting survey information, where necessary, users are required to register information such as their names and e-mail addresses.
3 Purpose of use
- The information collected in 2-a will be used as reference to facilitate the smooth operation of the services provided on this Website. Cookies may be used to accurately count the number of access hits and improve the usability of the browser display function.
- The information collected in 2-b will be used only for the distribution of the mail magazine.
- The information collected in 2-c will be used to respond to the contents of the inquiry.
- The information collected in 2-d will be used only for the implementation of the event in question.
- The information collected in 2-e will be used only for the aggregation of the results of the survey in question.
4 Restrictions on use and provision
Miraikan shall not use collected information for purposes other than the purpose of use described in 3 or provide it to third parties except in cases where the disclosure of such information is required by laws and regulations, there have been illegal activities such as unauthorized access threats, or there are other special reasons. However, statistically processed information such as access information and user attributes on this Website may be disclosed.
5 Safety measures
Miraikan shall take necessary measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of collected information and to properly manage the information collected. In addition, when entrusting the processing of all or part of the personal information held by Miraikan to a third party, vendors shall be selected and supervised carefully to ensure that they manage such information as appropriately as Miraikan does.
6 Compliance with the law
Miraikan manages the information collected or obtained appropriately based on the personal information protection regulations of the Japan Science and Technology Agency, and in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations including the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
7 Scope of application
In some cases, when users browse websites with links to their social media accounts, information such as their user IDs and websites they are accessing may be sent automatically from the websites to the social media sites even without clicking on these links.