UNDERGROUND - Adventure in the Darkness Created by Imagination and Science
* This exhibition has ended.
This Special Exhibition focuses on the earth's final frontier, the "Underground, " which is an unknown area that is to be explored by the application of advanced scientific techniques. Through combining perspectives from the natural sciences, humanities and social sciences, we will present the underground world which has been uncovered by scientific exploration and share the world's perception of the underground world that has been depicted in arts, philosophy, sociology and other media.
Visitors can familiarize themselves with the latest research results on the inner workings of our world such as the earth's origin and environment, underground life forms, and earthquakes and also see how these developments greatly influence our very existence.
- Term :
- September 22 (Sat.), 2007 - January 28 (Mon.), 2008
- Venue :
- 1F Exhibition Space a and b, Miraikan
- Admission fee :
- Adults: 900 yen / 18 and under: 350 yen (Permanent Exhibition can also be viewed)
Group (8 or more people): Adults: 800 yen / 18 and under: 310 yen
* Free admission for those in possession of a Disability Book and one accompanying person
- Organizer :
- National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation
- Contact :
- National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan)
2-41, Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064
TEL: +81-3-3570-9151 / FAX: +81-3-3570-9150