Special Exhibition The "Under Construction" Is It Safe to Enter!? Heavy Machinery in Use!
* This exhibition has ended. Thank you for visiting.
- Exhibition Overview
Civil engineering ensures that we can live fine lives despite the harsh natural environment that surrounds us. Heavy machinery is currently being used at construction sites to continue to expand humanity's frontiers. They're also important tools to quickly recover from natural disasters.
This exhibit will allow visitors to experience the three processes of construction that include land preparation, construction, and demolition. They'll be able to see actual examples of the latest construction equipment such as bulldozers, and parts from a jumbo-sized crane used for demolition featuring a driver's seat, and a hydraulic shovel. Visitors will be able to feel the power of this heavy machinery and experience the world of construction. The exhibit will also highlight examples of technologies being developed based or new materials such as carbon fiber.
As well as an all-star lineup of heavy machinery, this exhibit will also introduce you to the very latest in civil engineering technologies. It's designed to be fun for anyone, from small children through to adults.
- Special Exhibition The "Under Construction" Is It Safe to Enter!? Heavy Machinery in Use!
- Friday, February 08 - Sunday, May 19, 2019
- Opening Hours
- 10:00-17:00 Last admission 30min. before closing time.
- Special Exhibition Zone 1F, Miraikan - The National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation
- Tuesdays (Open on 3/26, 4/2, 4/30)
- Miraikan - The National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation, The Yomiuri Shimbun, Fuji Television Network, Inc. BS Nippon Corporation
- Adult (ages 19 and over)：1,600yen（1,400yen）
Junior (Elementary student to ages 18)：1,000yen（800yen）
Child (Preschoolers of ages 3 and older)：500yen（400yen）
Tickets：Miraikan (day tickets only), exhibition official website, and at major ticket agencies.
Advance tickets：December 06, 2018 - February 07, 2019
*For advanced tickets and groups of 8 people or more, admission fees in ( ) are applied.
Access to Permanent Exhibition included.
Preschoolers of ages 2 and younger free of charge.
Free admission for those in possession of a Disability Book and one accompanying person.
Dome Theater: charge extra reservation required.
During crowded times, number tickets will be issued and entrance regulations may be applied.