Admission is free for holders of a physical disability certificate, rehabilitation certificate, or mental disability certificate in compliance with laws and regulations, and for their caregivers (one person per certificate holder). Please show your certificate at the entrance. The entrance fee is free for the permanent exhibition, Dome Theater and special exhibition.
Information on Facilities
For wheelchair users
- Parking spaces for wheelchair users: two spaces in parking lot B1
- Wheelchair rental service: four wheelchairs available. Please ask staff to use them.
- Accessible spacious toilets: all toilets except for those established inside the exhibition spaces and the Miraikan Hall
- Elevator size:
- Elevators inside the building: width 180 x depth 190 x height 260 cm (Entrance: width 100 x height 240 cm)
- Elevators for the underground car park: width 140 x depth 135 x height 230 cm (Entrance: width 80 x height 210 cm)
- Wheelchair accessible seating: Dome Theatre
For visitors with impaired hearing
- Written communication device: information desk on the 3rd floor, Science Communicators
- Subtitles for videos of the permanent exhibition provided (Not yet available for some videos)
For visitors with impaired vision
- Braille block: 1st floor, guidance by Braille (in elevators and on the side walls of toilets on the 1st floor)
For visitors with an infant
- Stroller rental service: 13 strollers available. (Please ask staff to use them.)
- Facilities for diaper changing: 11 spots inside the museum
- Nursing room :behind the café on the 5t h floor. (Please be aware that only female is allowed to the room.)
- Wash basin x 1, changing table x 2
- Waste container for diapers x 1
- Bench x 1
- Water dispenser for formula
- Private room x 1 (Chair for nursing x 1, bench x 1, changing table x 1, waste container for diaper changing x 1)
- Drinking fountains: 1st floor, 7th floor
- Multi-language labels of the permanent exhibition: Japanese, English
- Floor Guide: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean
- Subtitles for movies of the permanent exhibition: English
- Audio guide of Dome theater: English
- Official app for mobile phones "Miraikan Note"
- Audio guide of the permanent exhibition: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean
- Model course "Quest": Japanese, English
- Toilets for ostimates: Two rooms on the 1st floor (One of them is inside the ladies' toilet). Entrance: width 90 cm, opening and closing of door done manually.
- Changing table (Adult size): One table is provided on the 1st floor (Outside the exhibition room). Entrance: width 90 cm, opening and closing of the door done manually. Two tables are provided on the 7th floor. (Entrance: width 80 cm, opening and closing of the door done manually.)
- Urinals with handrails: in all men's toilets
- Permanently-stationed nurse x 1
- Bed x 2
Please ask a member of staff if you wish to visit the office.
Note: in case of emergency, we will tell you where the nearest hospital is and call an ambulance.
- Visitors can enter the facility with their guide dogs, service dogs and hearing assistance dogs.
- AED (automated external defibrillator): entrance and emergency exits on the 1st floor,
- Multi-purpose room: 1st floor. Can be used as a space to have lunch and rest. Note: can be reserved prior to the visit but only by groups.
- Vending machines: 1st floor (outside the building), 7th floor
About the exhibits
The Museum has exhibits that can be enjoyed by people with disabilities. Please use the layout map, which includes information about the main exhibitions that we recommend seeing.
Exhibits for those with intellectual disabilities [PDF]
Exhibits for those with impaired vision [PDF]
Exhibits for those with impaired hearing [PDF]
Exhibits recommended for people using wheelchairs [PDF]
The exhibit floor also has science communicators and volunteers assigned to it. Feel free to contact them.