Earth Lounge Vol. 4 Mach 2.0 - Travel with Supersonic Speed
* This exhibition has ended.
The Earth Lounge series is based on the concept of "thinking about the Earth under the symbol exhibit Geo-Cosmos" and introduces unique projects that focus on the theme of our great planet Earth. We will present an opportunity where you can feel the existence of our planet that tends to be forgotten in our daily lives under the beautiful image of Earth projected by the spherical display "Geo-Cosmos," the symbol of Mirakan.
This time, based on the theme of "Sky/Transfer/Speed," we will introduce the research development achievements of the next generation supersonic aircraft technology, promoted by the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), as the next generation of transportation.
The non-powered and unmanned scaled supersonic experimental airplane (NEXST-1), whose flight test was held in Australia last year in October, was successful. It will be exhibited in the Symbol Zone and visitors will be able to experience the sensation as if they were traveling at supersonic speed.
If the supersonic aircraft were to be put into practical use, it would become possible to travel between Japan and the USA in about 5 hours and international business trips in a single day would be possible.
Please feel the Earth becoming smaller as you imagine the future life styles that continuously change.
- March 24 (Fri.) - April 10 (Mon.), 2006 10:00 - 17:00
- 1F Symbol Zone, National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation
- Admission Fee only (Adults: 500 yen/18 years old and under: 200 yen)
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency/National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation
- National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation
TEL: +81-3-3570-9151/FAX: +81-3-3570-9150