Special Exhibition "The Science of Aliens"
* This exhibition has ended. Thank you for visiting.
The Science of Aliens Outline
Virtual Alien "Mudpod" from "The
World of Aliens" (c) Big Wave 2005
/ Channel 4 television
- Extraterrestrial Life: a.k.a.(also known as) Aliens
Term：March 20 (Thursday/Holiday) - June 16 (Monday), 2008
Venue：1F Exhibition Space b, National Museum of Emerging Science and
Extraterrestrial Life has yet to be conclusively confirmed or denied, yet we believe, or doubt, or make assumptions about their existence. Underlying these thoughts is the essential question, "Are we the only intelligent life in this vast universe?", and that question relates to the question of our own continued existence. The formation of the universe including Earth is becoming evident through the development of recent planetary exploration and astronomical observation technology.
In addition, the mystery of evolution in the creation of life on a planet is also on the verge of being solved by cutting-edge science. If this research continues to progress, one day soon the debate on the potential existence of aliens will be answered. Maybe sooner than any of us think.
This exhibition unravels the psychology of humans and their fascination with the existence of aliens from ancient times, and "scientifically" pursues the possibility of aliens based on the latest discoveries and theories of the world's foremost scientists.
This Special Exhibition premiered as "The Science of Aliens" in London in 2005 and has toured in France, Spain, and the United States. It will make its Asian debut at Miraikan and is an offical event of "UK-JAPAN 2008" sponsored by the British Embassy in Tokyo and the British Council.
- March 20 (Thursday/Holiday) - June 16 (Monday), 2008
- Opening Hours：
- 10:00 - 17:00 (Please enter at least 30 minutes before closing time.)
* Museum hours will be extended until 6 pm from May 3 to May 6.
- 1F Exhibition Space b, National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Address: 2-41, Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo)
- Every Tuesday (except April 1, April 29 and May 6)
- Admission Fees：
- Adults: 900 yen, 18 years old and under: 350 yen/Groups (8 or more people): Adults: 800 yen, 18 years old and under: 310 yen
- * Permanent Exhibition can also be viewed.
* Free admission for those in possession of a Disability Book and one accompanying person.
- National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation/Fuji Television
- In Association with ：
- British Council/THE SANKEI SHIMBUN / Nippon Broadcasting System, Incorporated
- Supported by：
- Tsuburaya Productions
- Cadbury Japan Limited
- Planning and Production：
- SCIENCE & MEDIA LLP (Britain)/National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation/Fuji Television
- National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation TEL: 03-3570-9151 (Main)